Aquatics, Wellness and Fitness services are offered at two Courage Center sites, Golden Valley and Stillwater. We offer individual assessments for the pool and/or fitness center, and a variety of exercise programs, including one-on-one exercise programs, fitness and pool classes, independent exercise, personal training, wellness programs, nutrition and weight loss programs, and community swim programs. Of the Courage Center’s nearly 11,700 clients more than 2,800 use the Aquatics, Wellness and Fitness services (24%).
Data was collected from clients using these services in 2011. Of the 218 completed surveys, 112 were clients at the Golden Valley location, 106 were clients of Stillwater and four did not state which location they were located at.
Health, Wellness and Fitness Outcomes for Golden Valley and St. Croix
Aquatics, Wellness and Fitness Client Demographics
- 96% reported English as their primary language
- 94% of clients were Caucasian, 3% were African American, 2% Asian and the remaining ethnicities were less than 1%
- 61% were Female, 39% Male
- Averaged 43 years old
- 28% are able bodied, 19% reported a musculoskeletal diagnosis
Participants in Aquatics, Wellness and Fitness report many benefits of health and wellness services, including:
- 96% of participants recognize health benefits
- 92% are improving or maintaining their health
- 92% state that exercise has improved their ability to perform daily activities
- 79% are better able to participate in the community because of Health, Wellness and Fitness
Joint/muscle pain was reported as the most significant and chronic secondary condition by 35% of survey participants. Arthritis (31%), fatigue (27%) and eating (23%) were the next most reported significant/chronic problem. It’s important to note that many clients report the same health conditions as a problem: 75% report joint and muscle pain, 70% report fatigue, 60% report arthritis, 52% report eating, 50% report sleep, 41% report depression.
Last year’s data on secondary conditions was collected for 41 participants in Aquatics, Wellness and Fitness and compared to this year’s data. From this data, 80% of participants reported improved cardiology problems, 69% with circulatory issues and 63% or participants reporting improvements in depression.
For more information on outcomes, call 763-520-0763. For Aquatics, Wellness or Fitness program information, call 763-520-0375 (Golden Valley) or 651-439-8283 (Stillwater).